Re: Statute of Limitations

Food for thought, most magnetic media (5-1/4", 3-1/2", tape, etc.) tend
to degrade between 10 to 20 years.  After that you have about a 50/50
chance that it will be readable.  Not to mention that 10 years in
computer time is eternity.  Will you be able to find software that will
run on the current operating system that can read the files?  If you are
going to store the files, CD-R or an equivalent is best.  Also, just
keeping a copy of the old software is not good enough.  Every 5 versions
or so, you should "update" the files to the current format, or they will
be gone forever.

Good luck, no matter how you store it.

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City