AISC Certification

I have a project where a steel fabricator who does not have AISC
certification wants to bid on the job ( a 160,000 sq ft manufacturing
facility).  Our specs typ have the clause that the fabricator be AISC
certified.  Is there any hard reason to disqualify them or will this open us
up to litigation?  Based on my reading of the AISC certification it does not
guarantee a fabricator's expertise but at least it is a good start.  Is
there any documentation I can make them submit before approving/ rejecting
them (ie AWS certs etc.)?

Thanks,

Mike