RE: AISC Certification

We allow non-certified shops to bid on our projects but they
must provide continuous inspection rather than periodic
inspections.

If they don't like it, TS!

With the market as pressed as it is, all the marginal
contractors who had been pumping gas and selling flowers
along the street are now dusting off the old licenses. Watch
out!

Mark E. Deardorff, SE
Deardorff & Deardorff, Inc.
MarkD(--nospam--at)DandDEng.com

have AISC
> certification wants to bid on the job ( a 160,000 sq ft
manufacturing
> facility).  Our specs typ have the clause that the
fabricator be AISC
> certified.  Is there any hard reason to disqualify them or
> will this open us
> up to litigation?  Based on my reading of the AISC
> certification it does not
> guarantee a fabricator's expertise but at least it is a
good