Re: Satellite Dish

James Cohen is correct concerning the criteria of the dish support design.  For the design loads, refer to the EIA/TIIA-222-F code, which is an acceptable standard of the 97 UBC (refer Section 1604).

The applicable EIA/TIA section is Appendix B.  The client should provide you with the frequency of the dish (GHz) and knowing the diameter, you can determine the deflection requirements from Figure C3 in appendix C.

Another source of general information is the Andrew Catalog.  Mine is Catalog number 36, but there may be later editions.
http://www.andrew.com/home/default.asp

Neil Moore, S.E.
Neil Moore and Associates
Consulting Structural Engineers