Re: Satellite Dish

James Cohen wrote:

> .... I suggest analyzing the dish and supports for a minimum of 22.5 deg
> intervals, preferably 10 deg. The chart of wind loads vs. direction will give
> you an idea of how detailed the analysis should be. If the dish is at roof
> level, be aware of possible wind speed-up effects, which can be considerable.

Actually, the load I sent (54 tons - & 45 tons +) was based on different wind
direction at 125 mph. The only thing that bothers me is that why our consultant
(not a structural but on communication) insist of putting the whole pad on top
of the building even if I use a cross-beam (steel) to support the dish
(deflection considered). I was thinking, maybe the anchor bolts are different
and probably not weldable.