From: rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org [mailto:rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 8:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Gyp. Board Screws

I am designing a one story wood framed motel type structure.  The room
partitions are about 12 feet on center.  I would like to use the gyp.
board
partition as a shear wall, since there will be relatively light loads
and
many walls.  Table 25-1 of the UBC has shear wall information using
"cooler
nail".  Are there any shear wall values using drywall screws?

Rich

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org