From: SEConsultant [mailto:seconsultant(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 5:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Large eave overhang

Richard,
I've seen many 5' to 7' eaves - all with problems. Remember to consider the
effects of creep. In a year of so there will be no way to insure that the
eave won't form a very unsightly edge as the eaves dip. Also, consider the
uplift on the eave and make sure that this does not become a problem.
Living in the desert, long eaves are fairly common but so are the complaints
that go with them. You might want to explain this to the client and find
examples in your area of the problem I just described.

Regards,
Dennis