Re: Large eave overhang

You didn't mention an area.  So this may not apply, but did you consider
doubling the snow load at the eave?  Also, what about bracing the
compression edge of the 2x6.  Most designs consider the top to be in
compression, directly attached to the plywood sheathing.  With the 5'
eave, the bottom goes into compression, will you attach plywood to the
bottom?

Jake Watson, E.I.T.
Salt Lake City, UT

P.S. Just my $0.02, but using a raised heel as recommended by David
Handy would probably be a good idea.