Re: Large eave overhang

With a light roofing material like metal the dead load should be a smaller
percentage of total load and perhaps creep concerns may not be as significant.

Two suggestions I'd put forth.

Is it possible to use a double 2x6 (one on either side of the truss top cord) to
provide additional strength?

Also, a continuous fascia detail may go a long way toward spreading out the
concentrated "roofer" load. I've been working with some Japanese detailing that
allows for very thin edge profiles. The test of time has apparently helped
develop these methods and calculations sometimes fall short of justifying why
they work. Then again, the Japanese counterpart to the American roofer may be
somewhat smaller. :-)

Barry H. Welliver