Re: Concrete Joist Shear

Thanks for the heads up Jake. Unfortunately the use is in a garage and fire
exposure would produce a design consideration. Another constraint may be the
large dead load with a small live load. I think these products are probably more
suitable in the live load range.

Soil mixture has already been laced with peat and tested to a weight of 113 pcf.
Saturation is necessary to maintain plantings.

I'll look into your other suggestions also. Thanks again.

Barry H. Welliver
South of Salt Lake City