From: Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 9:01 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: 4 Way Flat Slab

John:

The only way of evaluating the load capacity without sufficient drawings
is by load test. I believe there must have been some load tests done in
Chicago to prove that these systems met the Code back in that era. Is it
possible that that a load test was conducted on this building? Does the
city have any records going back that far? What is the cost (and risk)
of conducting a new load test?

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.