Pouring Long Walls

We have always limited the length of our wall pours to 60 feet to
minimize shrinkage cracking. Is there any way a contractor can pour say
120 feet by adding additional joints, say at 30 feet, since they would
be only partially effective in reducing shrinkage? I do not want to add
extra longitundinal steel to control shrinkage.

What would that joint detail look like? Should only 1/2 the bars run
thru those intermediate joints? Should a metal keyway be used at these
intermediate joints or some other material?

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.