RE: Rebar in members resisting earthquake force

Without seeing the model, I can't say whether or not you have the potential
to develop inelastic rotations in the column to foundation interface.  The
best way to evaluate the potential for inelastic rotations is to do a
non-linear (pushover) analysis.

The only way you can make an assessment with the R values is to reduce them
to 1.25, which would assume linear performance.

Regards,
Harold Sprague