Re: Pouring Long Walls

For a retaining wall, look at our Standard Plan S-505-1 for ideas.
http://www.cityofla.org/BOE/techdocs/stdplans/s-500/s505-1.pdf

Caltrans also has some standard details

Regards,
edward arrington

>>> Jim Kestner <jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com> 03/22/00 09:16AM >>>
We have always limited the length of our wall pours to 60 feet to
minimize shrinkage cracking. Is there any way a contractor can pour say
120 feet by adding additional joints, say at 30 feet, since they would
be only partially effective in reducing shrinkage? I do not want to add
extra longitundinal steel to control shrinkage.

What would that joint detail look like? Should only 1/2 the bars run
thru those intermediate joints? Should a metal keyway be used at these
intermediate joints or some other material?

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.