RE: High Strength Concrete

I would contact the people at CTL (second cousin to PCA)

There is currently an effort to develop the new "rules" for the design and
specification of high strength concrete structures.  One of the leaders is
CTL.  They are working with SOM on the 7 South Dearborn project.

The bench mark for what is considered high strength concrete is moving.
Generally high strength concrete is over 6000 psi for regular concrete and
over 4000 for light weight according to Handbook of Concrete Engineering.
Strengths of 20,000 psi are becoming more common, and there are laboratory
mixes that have gone much higher.

Following are the people regarded as high strength concrete experts:
	Materials:
		Ron Burg rburg(--nospam--at)c-t-l.com
		Steve Gebler rkohn(--nospam--at)c-t-l.com
	Structural:
		Gene Corley ischmidt(--nospam--at)c-t-l.com
		John Roller jroller(--nospam--at)c-t-l.com

You might also want to reference: High-Performance High-Strength Concrete:
Design Recommendations, by B. Vijaya Rangan, November 1, 1998.

Regards,
Harold Sprague