RE: Concrete bearing Edge Distance

Title: RE: Concrete bearing Edge Distance

A new publication I just got from the ACI 318-99 Seminar two weeks ago is "Strength Design of Anchorage to Concrete" by Ronald A. Cook, PCA Publication Number EB080.  I believe the speaker said it is more recent and better than what is in PCI Design Handbook 5th Edition.

-----Original Message-----
From: merrick group [mailto:merrickgroup(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 8:49 AM
To: INTERNET:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete bearing Edge Distance

Reference for bearing plate near a vertical edge.

"PCI Design Handbook" 5th edition"
Precast Prestressed Concrete Handbook
page 4-58
4.6.2 Reinforced Concrete Bearing
Figure 4.6.1 Bearing on plain concrete.

PCI telephone: 312-788-0300
This book I also use for high pull-out capacities
 for bolts with deep embedments, and multiple
 edge distances.

It also makes a strong (how to)  point that we are not to ignore
structural deflections when attaching rigid panels.