Re: Concrete bearing Edge Distance

The info in PCI is very close to the info in ACI318 section 10.17 so I will
give some more detail as to my question.
The question comes from a residential building where there is a steel beam
bearing on a concrete wall.  The problem is that the beam only bears ~1.5" on
the wall. We are fixing the bearing problem but that is where my question
comes in.  How do you determine how much bearing length you need for the beam
on concrete based on the edge distance?

-Bill King, EIT