From: Doug York [mailto:dougyork(--nospam--at)cnw.com]
Sent: March 24, 2000 4:06 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: sasquake(--nospam--at)uswest.net
Subject: Thy Kingdome Go: KINGDOME IMPLOSION

    "Before CDI [Controlled Demolition, Inc.] pushes the button, Jack
Loizeaux [85, and founding family patriarch] will do what he always does.
Pray.

    'I give the good Lord a lot of the credit,' he said.  'He's turned the
gravity on.  We might need some extra gravity on Sunday.'"

   "
To All Imploders Anonymous:  KINGDOME IMPLOSION ( DOMEDAY ) SET FOR SUN MAR
26 8:30 AM

This Sunday, all eyes in the Pacific Northwest will be on the Kingdome.
It's shaping up as the most photographed structural collapse (by controlled
demolition) in Internet time.  If you're interested in watching, there are a
number of Internet sites available, including one for 3-D viewing with those
funny little special glasses from the 1950s.

For a list of Internet sites, check out the following article from Wed.
March 22, 2000 Seattle Post-Intelligencer:

http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/kingdome/web22.shtml
<http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/kingdome/web22.shtml>
For more on Sunday's  <http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/kingdome/web22.shtml>
implosion, click onto the P-I's Web site at  www.seattlep-i.com.  There you
can take a virtual tour from the field during a Seahawks game, browse
through historic photos or catch up on previous articles leading up to the
demolition, such as:

[ QUAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME ]
Scientists seek quake data from implosion: 200 seismometers will show
Seattle's trouble spots ( Thursday, March 23, 2000 }

http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/kingdome/quak23.shtml
<http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/kingdome/web22.shtml>

How the Kingdome might look as it falls ( Thursday, March 9, 2000 )

http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/local/domeil.shtml
<http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/kingdome/web22.shtml>

 <http://SEATTLEP-I.COM/kingdome/web22.shtml>

CDI's secret to Quality Assurance:

            "You learn more from your mistakes than your successes."

            "Stay small, stay sharp, stay safe."

            "The Kingdome - that's one thing I would not have touched with a
10-foot pole.
              It's just so big and it's so differenct from anything we've
done.  It takes a lot of
              courage and a lot of thought, which the boys, of couse, have
given it."

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM       /        The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing To Fear But Gravity Itself."     /    "We're All
SubdustingIn This Together."
        "Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in
awareness."  -- James Thurber