From: Gobo, Gina [mailto:ggobo(--nospam--at)DLRGROUP.com]
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 2:05 PM
To: 'seaint'
Subject: Glass Block Walls

Can anyone make any recommendations, or know of any documentation,
regarding
the shear capacity of glass block walls? I am evaluating an existing
building with a wood diaphragm supported by a wood shear wall on one
side
and a glass block wall on the other side. The glass bock wall has
horizontal
wire reinforcement web at 24" o.c. and 5"X3" steel mullions vertical at
5'-4" o.c.

Gina T. Gobo, E.I.T.
Structural Engineering
DLR Group