Ev in UBC Equation 12-5/12-6[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Ev in UBC Equation 12-5/12-6
- From: "Julian Chu" <julian(--nospam--at)gouvisgroup.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:10:42 -0800
The 1999 SEAOC Bluebook page 9 states that Ev applys to the UBC load combination 12-5 but not 12-6. The commentary explains the reason for adding the Ev to 12-5. However, there is no information given regarding the 12-6. I know a lot of us have been subtracting the Ev = 0.5CaID from the 0.9D in the 12-6 which may give you a more conservative result for uplift or tension force than the past strength design provisions.
Does anyone know the reason why Ev need not be included in the 12-6?
Newport Beach, CA
- Prev by Subject: FW: European (Italian?)Designations
- Next by Subject: Re: Ev in UBC Equation 12-5/12-6
- Previous by thread: Re: UBC Load Combinations
- Next by thread: Re: Ev in UBC Equation 12-5/12-6