RE: More problems with the 1997 UBC

Martin-

Thanks for your feedback!

If you'll notice in my email, my final design force was 1.51 kips for the
equipment supports and 3.02 kips for the anchors, which correctly accounted
for the maximum force requirements of equation 32-3.  You may have missed
that in my email.  Also, I already correctly accounted for the ASD reduction
by dividing by 1.4 in all of my design formulas.

Thanks again for your feedback.

-Gary

Gary R. Searer, P.E., S.E.  -  gsearer(--nospam--at)wje.com
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.