AISC Seismic Provisions

For Steel LRFD design the 1997 UBC references and modifies the 1992 AISC Seismic
Provisions.  As many are aware, the newer 1997 AISC Seismic Provisions are more
appropriate and in fact several cities such as Los Angeles and San Diego have
officially adopted the later specification.  I am dealing with a very small
county municipality and was interested in two items.  The first is, has anyone
ever had resistance in convincing a building official to use the later 1997
provisions and the second questions is, do you then also use the SEAOC Blue Book
recommended modifications (Section 700) to make it compatible with the 1997 UBC?

I have not had a problem with the building official since they have not yet
assigned someone to our specific project.  I am just preparing myself.

Also, has anyone requested from a building official to use the 1999 ACI and, if
so, did you include the SEAOC Blue Book modifications?

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel