NDE Testing of grouted Multi-Strand PreStressing Tendons

Can anyone in this group refer me to a web page or provide some information
on any available non-destructive methods of testing grouted pre-tensioned
tendons in an in-service situation.  In our facility we are using a
combination of grouted and greased "sister" test beams, which are
periodically tested - greased tendon test beams are tested for lift-off and
strands extracted to be visually checked for corrosion, and grouted tendon
test beams are tested in bending and anchorages are visually inspected, and
finally one grouted tendon beam is periodically destructed and the tendon
examined for corrosion.  These test beams are kept on site in a storage area
at ambient temperatures.

However these test beams do not provide us with any information on the
possible early degradation of pre-stress losses due to higher temperature
environments in our plant.

We need to find some NDE method which lets us examine these grouted tendons
in place, while the plant is in operation.

Please reply to my e-mail address or this news group.  Thank you . . .

GEORG A. M. KRALIK, P.Eng.,  M.Eng. -  Structural,  B.A.Sc. - Civil
Senior Design Engineer - Civil/Structural
Ontario Power Generation - Nuclear,  Station Engineering Support Division
      Engineering Mechanics and Codes Department,  Structural Analysis
Section
700 University Avenue - H12 D08,   Toronto,   Ontario,   Canada    M5G 1X6
      Tel.: (416) 592­4341,   FAX: (416) 592­8802,
e-mail:  georg.kralik(--nospam--at)ontariopowergeneration.com
<mailto:georg.kralik(--nospam--at)ontariopowergeneration.com>