RE: Composite steel beams with metal deck slabs

Mark,

Look at page 6-57, section I 5.4. Strength of Channel Shear Connectors.  I
can't find where channel shear connectors are precluded.  I do see that they
aren't specifically listed  in the reference in section 5.b.  I don't know
why you couldn't use the same reduction factor as for studs in a formed
steel deck using the strength of the channel connectors.

Regards,
Harold Sprague