Cantilevered Glass

Someone has asked me about a (single) cantilevered glass shelf.  It would be placed upon a 3' high CMU wall, and bolted between gaskets & steel plates down with anchor bolts.  (The UPS guy would be dropping packages there.)

Has someone got references, leads, experience... that I could use to determine the appropriate type and thickness of glass - or type of kite to tell the designer to go fly?

Thanks.

Ed Fasula EIT