RE: stapled sheet metal blocking (wood diaphragm)

Not to sound flippant, Ben, but if the laws of physics are still valid, the report is probably still valid, too! We used this approach to retrofit uncblocked diaphragms. We used sheet metal strips at the joints with screws, but the concept is similar.