RE: Cantilevered Glass

Title: RE: Cantilevered Glass
How about Plexiglas?
-----Original Message-----
From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 2:58 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Cantilevered Glass

Ed:

The best kites are made out of irregularly shaped plates of glass.  They flew all around Fort Worth last evening, and you can view them in motion on numerous news websites!;^>

Don't seriously consider making a cantilever beam out of glass plate, especially when the cantilever has to carry impact loads.

Stan Caldwell in Dallas