Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

details and nuances

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
seeing as i am writing from spain, i am a bit confused about american terminology. when i go to the web sites of university engineering programs i see that sometimes there are just civil engineering degrees and sometimes there are structural engineering degrees, and sometimes there are both. i am curious to know if there is a difference, because here our civil engineers calculate and analyze structures. they are the ones who use these types of computer programs. what is the american situation? is there a difference in these types of degrees? which type of engineer actually calculates buildings? maybe one is just a more specific name than the other but basically the same? any thoughts? thanks,dana