RE: Texas Twisters

If you need the roof as a diaphragm, you can't!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark E. Deardorff [mailto:MarkD(--nospam--at)DandDEng.com]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 11:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Texas Twisters

Being from California I have never had to design for a tornado. In fact, I
was under the impression that the most design anyone ever actually does is
to pray that the tornado misses the building.

If required to endure the extreme loads a tornado can produce, how could a
light-weight flat roof ever be economically designed?

Mark