re: stapled sheet metal blocking (wood diaphragm)

I have used stapled sheet metal strips in lieu of blocking.
Accepted in San Jose and San Francisco.
Best for retrofitting.
The carpenters complained when they had to remove plywood with stapled
sheet metal strips for blocking. I it is much harder to remove. Blocking
can
be easily hammered away. The strips bend, flex, absorb energy and
just won't let go!

I use the NDS equations to determine a staple capacity.

I use the following to not to be less than....
The ICBO generic staple, nail and screw report
And the APA stuff.

The staples are of the narrow type, not the roofing staples.
Contractors saved alot of money with the staple system.

David Merrick, SE