From: Joseph Harouni [mailto:yosi_h(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 6:58 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Shiners

Dealing with wood diaphragms where sheathing is 5/8", blocking is flat
2x and 10d nailing.

How does one reduce the plywood diaphragm capacities listed in the UBC
where a 10d nail having required 1.776" penetration goes through the
main member of 1.5" creating shiners; or do we?

Thanks,

Joseph Harouni