Re: problem with ETABS

ETABS allows you to add a torque to your diaphragm and do load
combinations on your load cases. Calculate the torques from the Static
load distribution for each floor level:
    Txi = Fxi * eyi
where Fxi is the force at level i for the x-direction
           eyi is the 5% eccentricity at level i in the y-direction
  Tyi = Fyi * exi
where Fyi is the force at level i for the y-direction
           exi is the 5% eccentricity at level i in the x-direction

Use these torques as separate load cases, for example:
LC1 = Seismic in x-direction with no eccentricity
LC2 = Seismic in y-direction with no eccentricity
LC3 = Torque Txi only for y-direction eccentricity
LC4 = Torque Tyi only for x-direction eccentricity
LC5 = max. gravity loads
LC6 = min. gravity loads

The load combinations you would have to look at for walls and columns
are:
Comb1=  |LC1| + |LC3| + LC6         max. tension for x-direction seismic

Comb2=  -( |LC1| + |LC3| ) +LC5    max. compression for x-direction
seismic
Comb3=  |LC2| + |LC4| + LC6         max. tension for y-direction seismic

Comb4=  -( |LC2| + |LC4| ) +LC5    max. compression for y-direction
seismic
And for beams:
Comb5=  |LC1| + |LC3| + |LC5|    max. moment for x-direction seismic
Comb6=  |LC2| + |LC4| + |LC5|    max. moment for y-direction seismic

You could do all this for dynamic analysis as well, but there are some
options.