Re: Seismology Committee Web page - Rigid/Flexible Part 1

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 11:42 PM
Subject: Seismology Committee Web page - Rigid/Flexible Part 1

Part I of III

"...........many are gambling that their liability coverage will protect them in the
event that they are sued for non-compliance. Those of us who feel an ethical
responsibility to comply until the code writers act on their ethical
responsibility to correct the errors and ambiguity are losing work in the
process. Personally, I've lost two clients who would rather find an engineer
willing to ignore these provisions in three local cities and the county of
Riverside who will not enforce the code. I know this to be factual as I
provide contract services for one firm that plan checks for these three
cities and have been instructed not to correct non-compliance issues......"

Is this not a serious condition?  If you do not instigate formal responses are you not exposed to liability for professional negligence?

Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com