dual grade steel availability in Ontario

I have been specifying Grade 50 steel for my wide
flange beams for the last couple years because I have
been told that there really is no increase in cost for
W-shapes that are not very heavy (say less than 100
plf).  I have a job in Ontario now and have been told
that this is not the case there and that I should spec
A36.  Does anyone know if this correct?
Thanks for your help
Ken Peoples P.E.