From: Jesus Torres [mailto:Jtorres(--nospam--at)rmbyrd.com]
Subject: Re: Floor Vibration

I have  30 ft composite floor beams spaced at 6 ft o/c.  The specifications require a .08 in/sec vibrational velocity limitation. My design results indicate that the beams I am proposing to use have a natural frequency of 10 Hz.  I would like know if there is a correlation between the vibrational velocity and the natural frequency.