RE: Floor Vibration[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Floor Vibration
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:52:49 -0500
Take a look at AISC Design Guide #11 Floor Vibrations Due to Human Activity. It's linked in the following short summary of resources on floor vibrations:
It addresses floor vibration issues (and will also help you figure out if the velocity limit and/or the natural frequency target you're looking at will result in a serviceable floor system.
From: Jesus Torres [mailto:Jtorres(--nospam--at)rmbyrd.com]
Subject: Re: Floor Vibration
I have 30 ft composite floor beams spaced at 6 ft o/c. The specifications require a .08 in/sec vibrational velocity limitation. My design results indicate that the beams I am proposing to use have a natural frequency of 10 Hz. I would like know if there is a correlation between the vibrational velocity and the natural frequency.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Floor Vibration
- Next by Subject: Re: Floor Vibration
- Previous by thread: Re: Floor Vibration
- Next by thread: Re: Floor Vibration