Re: Floor Vibration

x =  A cos(wt)  w[rad/sec]
v = -A w sin(wt)
a = -A w**2 cos(wt)

in the transient state the structure vibrates near the force frequency
in the steady state the structure vibrates in the natural frequency

At 14:57 04-04-2000 -0700, you wrote:
>I have  30 ft composite floor beams spaced at 6 ft o/c.  The
specifications require a .08 in/sec vibrational velocity limitation. My
design results indicate that the beams I am proposing to use have a natural
frequency of 10 Hz.  I would like know if there is a correlation between
the vibrational velocity and the natural frequency.