Re: Seismic Provisions

Evan,

I called the L.A. Building department and they faxed me their revised/amended
UBC (actually CBC) Chapter 22.  As far as steel seismic design goes they have
officially adopted the June 15, 1997 AISC Seismic Provisions for Structural
Steel Buildings.  Their modifications are minimal; a few changes in definitions,
reference to chapter 16 for load combinations  and redefinition of Omega QE as
Em.

As an aside, they are currently reviewing the 1999 ACI 318 but have not (yet)
adopted it.  Same goes for PCA anchor bolt design.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.

Evan Jorgensen <EJorgensen(--nospam--at)eqe.com> on 03/31/2000 09:15:19 AM