RE: AISC Supplement ?

Title: RE: AISC Supplement ?

>Does anyone know when Supplement number 2 to the
>AISC Steel Seismic provisions will be available?

We're working on Supplement No. 2 to the 1997 AISC Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings right now. It will wholly replace Supplement No. 1.

At this point, the AISC Seismic Provisions task committee is now finalizing it for ballot by the AISC Committee on Specifications. Once that happens and the ballot is resolved, the document will be printed and made available as a free download from the AISC web site (and in paper form, too). I always jinx the process when I predict a finish date (or so it seems) so I won't hazard that guess.

Charlie