Wind & Expanded metal mesh[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wind & Expanded metal mesh
- From: "Mike O'Brien" <mikeo(--nospam--at)jsdyer.com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:06:01 -0700
I will be designing some "eyebrows" that cantilever approx 4' out from the face of a concrete tilt-up wall. The architect will be covering them in expanded metal mesh that is supported by steel framing. If the expanded metal mesh is 50% open, can I reduce the wind loads (especially uplift) applied to it, and if so by how much? How about if the mesh is 90% open? Is there any references or good sources on something like this?
Thanks in advance
- Prev by Subject: Re: Will my engineering career be like this?
- Next by Subject: RE: Wind & Expanded metal mesh
- Previous by thread: Re: Final SAC Report ?
- Next by thread: RE: Wind & Expanded metal mesh