From: Mike O'Brien [mailto:mikeo(--nospam--at)jsdyer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 5:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wind & Expanded metal mesh

I will be designing some "eyebrows" that cantilever approx 4' out from the
face of a concrete tilt-up wall.  The architect will be covering them in
expanded metal mesh that is supported by steel framing.  If the expanded
metal mesh is 50% open, can I reduce the wind loads (especially uplift)
applied to it, and if so by how much?  How about if the mesh is 90% open?
Is there any references or good sources on something like this?

Thanks in advance

Mike O'Brien