Re: SE designation online?

In a message dated 4/5/00 5:22:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, EphHirsch(--nospam--at)aol.com
writes:

<< he 3 years experience required in California after the CE/PE must be
 accrued, I believe, while working for or under the direct supervision of a
 California SE.

 E. G. Hirsch, SE

I think this is an incorrect statement!  And it is unfair. It is legal for a
P.E. to practice structural engineering and if he wants to take the exam
there should not be an impediment for him not to take it. Even if he is not
under the direct supervision of a California S.E.  Nobody should be making
this sort of statement because there are a lot of P.E. out there who might
think that this is a fact when it is not!