Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: SE designation online?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Unless the rules have changed in the last 15 years, I believe it IS true
that you have to have three years of experience under the supervisions of a
CA SE before you can sit for the CA SE exam.

While it is legal for a CA CE to practice structural engineering in CA (it's
also legal for a CA Architect to practice structural engineering), you
cannot use the title "Structural Engineer" until you have passed the exam.


Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
Laguna Niguel, CA

||-----Original Message-----
||From: ASQUILALA(--nospam--at) [mailto:ASQUILALA(--nospam--at)]
||Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 8:48 PM
||To: EphHirsch(--nospam--at)
||Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)
||Subject: Re: SE designation online?
||In a message dated 4/5/00 5:22:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
||<< he 3 years experience required in California after the
||CE/PE must be
|| accrued, I believe, while working for or under the direct
||supervision of a
|| California SE.
|| E. G. Hirsch, SE
||  >>
||I think this is an incorrect statement!  And it is unfair. It
||is legal for a
||P.E. to practice structural engineering and if he wants to
||take the exam
||there should not be an impediment for him not to take it.
||Even if he is not
||under the direct supervision of a California S.E.  Nobody
||should be making
||this sort of statement because there are a lot of P.E. out
||there who might
||think that this is a fact when it is not!