RE: SE designation online?

Unless the rules have changed in the last 15 years, I believe it IS true
that you have to have three years of experience under the supervisions of a
CA SE before you can sit for the CA SE exam.

While it is legal for a CA CE to practice structural engineering in CA (it's
also legal for a CA Architect to practice structural engineering), you
cannot use the title "Structural Engineer" until you have passed the exam.

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Laguna Niguel, CA