Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: SE designation online?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Does this mean that off-shore people can do the same?

Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MCSCE
Victoria BC
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: SE designation online?

In a message dated 4/6/2000 9:21:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Bill(--nospam--at) writes:

<< Unless the rules have changed in the last 15 years, I believe it IS true
 that you have to have three years of experience under the supervisions of a
 CA SE before you can sit for the CA SE exam. >>

Actually, you need only provide references from three CA SE's that know of
your work, and not necessarily have supervised your work. If you don't know
three CA SE's, then you may ask any SE who is willing to review your work and
make recommendation to the board (I think, you may even provide reference
from a CE in another state who knows of your qualifications.)

I got mine working 3 years after CE under my direct supervision, self
employed :-)

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.