RE: SE designation online?

The rules have changed, I passed the Western States exam (California) in Washington and received my SE in California by reciprocity.  I already had my civil for more than 3 years and was able to get references from a few colleagues I worked with when I lived in the bay area.  After I left these colleagues became SE's.  None of these individuals was my direct supervisor.

Also in the packet that contained the application for reciprocity it did state that if I could not obtain these references like many other individuals who are out of state, the board was willing to interview you in order to provide you with these references.

So there are ways to join the club

.>>> Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com 04/06/00 09:17PM >>>
Unless the rules have changed in the last 15 years, I believe it IS true
that you have to have three years of experience under the supervisions of a
CA SE before you can sit for the CA SE exam.

While it is legal for a CA CE to practice structural engineering in CA (it's
also legal for a CA Architect to practice structural engineering), you
cannot use the title "Structural Engineer" until you have passed the exam.

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Laguna Niguel, CA