RE: UBC'97, Orthogonal Effects

Maybe it would easier to find
the principle axis. Look at the attached rigid diaphragm spreadsheet
attached
to the back of the Dennis Wish Program. The check for principle axis is
that if
a force is applied and there is no perpendicular deflection, other than
affects of  torsion,
then that is the principle axis. Forces could be greatly reduced.

question 1.do what with  x and y drift for one force?
 I would use drift as the total deflection of the x and y components.

question 2. Can orthogonal affects be in a single directional?
I thought orthogonal affects are due nonparallel walls. That affects both
directions when
not in line with the principle axis.

question 3 Is Ax directional?
The factor is required for an irregularity definition that is not
directional specific. A building is an irregular building or not.
 The Ax factor is to be for both directions. Specific-to-direction are
Accidental-torsion and actual eccentricities, and the deflections used to
calculate Ax.
 Until there is a better argument, I would calculate.
Ax in both directions and use the