Re: (2)2x vs. 3x in wall anchorage

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] UBC no longer carry table for "Holding Power of Bolts." I did some calculations on the seismic shear capacity for the old 2x and the new 3x mud sills following 91 NDS.

I got:

748 pounds for 1/2" dia. anchor in an existing 2x RWD sill,
1077 pounds for drilling in a new 5/8" dia. anchor in an existing 2x RWD sill &
1488 pounds for 5/8" dia. anchor in a new 3x pressure treaded DF #1.

I would like to find out what values are you using?

Sam Chang, SE