RE: SE designation online?

I am not going to disagree...I have never tried to even see if I could
have my state's board administer one of those exams.

I made that statement more because I doubt, I would want to endure the
hassle and red tape to attempt to get it to occur.  As an example, I had
to call my board's office twice to get a copy of the most recent printing
the PE act booklet in Michigan.  I also know that if I need to talk to
someone at the Illinois office about my SE license, I will typically be on
hold at least an 1/2 hour.  Now, I don't blame them...I just can do
without the additional fustration...my life is fun enought already.
<grin>

Scott