From:   RajSTC(--nospam--at)aol.com [SMTP:RajSTC(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent:   Monday, April 10, 2000 1:33 PM
To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject:        Virus Software - InoculateIT

I am writing this for the general information of members of this list.  Stan
Caldwell may be, particularly, interested.

I have been using the, free, InoculateIT virus protection software (cai.com),
since August.  Last Saturday I downloaded the virus signature updates. Guess
what? Immediately after installation of the update, my computer became
extremely slow; Booting alone took 6 minutes. I used "scandisk" and "disk
defragmenter" utilities to clean up the drives. Next, I used InoculateIT to
scan for viruses, which turned out to be negative.  I also made sure that no
other documents, etc., were downloaded on the computer after I downloaded the
virus update.  Having eliminated all other suspects, I uninstalled the
"InoculateIT" program and, bingo, everything is normal again.  This leads me
to believe that the virus signature updates may have had some "bug" in it.
So, I have not reinstalled the virus protection software, yet.  Did anyone
else using that software experience similar problems?  Please let me know, so
that I can decide on what I should do next for virus protection.  The
computer geeks are becoming ingenious at the art of producing devastating
viruses.  Wonder whether next global war will be fought with the help of such
computer viruses and not with biological viruses?

P. Rajendran
Service & Technology Corporation
105 SW Penn
Bartlesville, OK 74003