Re: Bidding ethics

Nels:

I know of no construction industry standard, however.......

The GC will shop for the lowest price subcontractor after the bids are
in. To try to prevent this, we require the GC to list his subs with his
bid. If the "giveback" squeezes the contractors too much, they will be
forced into taking shortcuts. These shortcuts will ultimately hurt
everyone on the project including the Owner.

I do not recommend this practice! I agree with your response.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.