RE: Bidding ethics Related[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Bidding ethics Related
- From: Zachary Goswick <ZachG(--nospam--at)angusyoung.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:44:52 -0500
I have a question related to the GC shopping subs after the bids are in. We required the GC to submit the list of subcontractors, but when the shops start coming in, the sub is not on the list. We suspect the GC has shopped the subs and gotten a better price. What course of action do we have? Should the difference in price be given back to the owner?
From: Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: Bidding ethics
I know of no construction industry standard, however.......
The GC will shop for the lowest price subcontractor after the bids are
in. To try to prevent this, we require the GC to list his subs with his
bid. If the "giveback" squeezes the contractors too much, they will be
forced into taking shortcuts. These shortcuts will ultimately hurt
everyone on the project including the Owner.
I do not recommend this practice! I agree with your response.
Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
* admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
* "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
* to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
* type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
* email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ********
- Prev by Subject: Bidding Ethics
- Next by Subject: Re: Bidding ethics Related
- Previous by thread: Bidding Ethics
- Next by thread: Re: Bidding ethics Related